This object is in archive! 

Turret Controller loses config on mounting.

A G Systems shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

When a pre-assembled turret is attached to a ship it loses all the config data, even if the relationship between the controller and the other parts hasn't changed.

Steps to reproduce: Load up either SBC linked below. Follow instructions on centre console. Use terminal to periodically check config. Watch settings disappear.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2742378383

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2742380396 (this one also triggers a physics bug, also submitted)

This is annoying for the elevation, but downright problematic for the weapons. A ship with 6 turrets that each have 15 weapons just becomes an absolute nightmare if you have to reassign them, with the only realistic way being renaming all the weapons one by one before you start so they are grouped alphabetically.

I attempted to workaround by putting the azimuth rotor on the middle part, rather than the head, and this was a partial success. It didn't lose the weapons when mounted, but still loses elevation and azimuth, and the AI doesn't work anyway (another bug report submitted).

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, A G!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Thank you for the blueprint and instructions in the cockpit. I'm afraid I don't quite understand what is meant to happen here and would ask that you provide a video if at all possible? That way I can reproduce the issue (hopefully) much easier. I apologise for this :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi. Done some more experimenting, and it seems to be due to the merge block separating, rather than the attachment. I think the weapons was an oversight on my part, as I've not been able to get them to disappear again. Anyway, here is a video of what I was getting.

https://youtu.be/dzpdy0cCzxQ

The point is that the settings are vanishing, so my 'plug in' turrets are not plug an play. Setting them up before mounting them is far simpler if you are mounting many, as you don't need to worry about resolving name collisions.

photo

This can also be achieved if a similar turret is pasted onto an already existing grid using creative tools. If a custom turret controller block is pasted onto an existing grid it loses all the selected weapons, and so will not function.

photo

The same applies if the grid being pasted contains another subgrid not part of a turret; which again results in the weapons being cleared.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

it´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Im having a similar issue, in a server, when we start the game all Turrets controllers "lost" all assigned weapons, even if we reasisng weapons, the next time when we start the server, all turrets controlers lost againd their assigned weapons.

In the attached file you can see (in spanish, Im from Costa Rica XD)in the console, on your left says "Estado: Nominal: Cañon de asalto HP utilizado como referencia," that means that that gun is assigned for aim but the list of assigned weapons are clean

Replies have been locked on this page!