This object is in archive! 

[WARFARE 2 BUG] Custom Turret Block

Abyzmi shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

Alright, here's what I've got

I have 3 custom turrets that were pasted onto a ship.

At first when pasting, each had its systems named the same as the others. Rotors were named the same, and the hinges that I was using to move the cannons up and down were named the same. Mentioning this because I don't know if it made any difference.

All three custom turret control blocks were placed onto the turrets themselves as part of their sub-grid above the rotors that connected them to the main ship.

I locked onto a target, and let my guns fire, but when they did so, only a single turret moved, and it kept moving in a circle past the target, and did not fire.

I tried to troubleshoot the problem and found that I had locked the target and then selected all 3 custom turret blocks at the same time through the K menu, and told them to copy the target that I had locked onto.

Here's the bug:

When I selected all 3 custom turret blocks at the same time, it automatically assigned the camera, azimuth, and vertical aim control blocks to the blocks being used in the first turret that I pasted onto the grid. I did not touch any drop down menus when this assignment occurred, and it was not done by user input.

I changed the block names to be more unique to see if that would help, and it did not help.

I set the turrets azimuth and vertical control back to where I wanted it, and then tried again by selecting all three custom turret blocks at once, and it changed it back to the first turret again.

I set the turrets back to how I wanted them again, and then set the turrets to copy target by hotkeys in the ship's control G menu from a control seat.

This caused no problems.

In summary: the bug is that if you select all three custom turret control blocks in the K Menu for three different turrets that have been pasted onto a grid, the settings for all three custom turret control blocks will be set to control the camera, azimuth, and vertical control for the first turret.

Replies (5)

photo

i've found a way to easily replicate this.

step 1: setup multiple turrets+controllers in a grid

step 2: copy and paste the grid OR group all custom controllers in a single group, then turn them off and on

step 3: check the turret azimuth/elevation

doing this seems to copy the first controller's(first placed) az/el settings.

the re-setting of azimuth and elevation seems to happen during initialization

video

https://streamable.com/srgioy

photo

I have the same issue HERE

photo

I have had a similar issue.

I built a defensive battery with 8 small rotor turrets. Each turret had its own Custom Turret Block. When initially set up they all were assigned the appropriate rotors, hinges, cameras and weapons. Control testing showed that each was working under player control and they all held their settings.

When the Custom Turret Blocks were turned on and off again, each Custom Turret Block changed its Azimuth Rotor, Elevation Rotor, and camera assignment. When turned on/off the Custom Turret Blocks all appear to change their settings to the first placed rotor/hinge.

I have reproduced this in the Asteroid Armory Custom Game start as well. I will include screen shots from the Asteroid Armory Custom Start.

photo

I have this if I try to make a group of multiple custom turret control blocks to allow for disabling AI control when necessary. it seems to just wipe all the different settings and makes them all control the same gun and rotors

photo

As someone else already pointed out, its not the act of turning them off or turning the ai on or off, its simply selecting multiples of the CTC's that causes all the drop down menus to reasign themselves to whatever the first one you selected has. I imagine this is somehow related to the fact that when you select multiple blocks in the terminal you can change the settings, and this is just doing that but unintentionally

photo

After some more experimentation, I've realized that the bug happens when selecting multiple custom turret control blocks. That's the trigger for this bug.

photo

Confirmed

photo

Confirmed:

It is the act of selecting the group, whether manually (i.e mouse clicks) or by saved group name. The selection process copies the elevation, azimuth and camera device names of the first turret controller and overwrites them on the others.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thank you so much for all your information and I'm sorry you're experiencing this. I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

It appears that overwriting properties is not limited to Custom turret blocks. Exhaust pipes for example, also change exhaust effect to the same as last selected pipe. It would be wise to see if other blocks that have list selections are affected.

photo

Lots of blocks have issues when editing properties of multiple selected blocks in the console. Usually though it's just that it only changes the property on one block. But it's definitely a general issue instead of a custom turret block issue.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

The fix for this is in v201

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!