This object is in archive! 

Advanced Rotors not recognized by script or conveyor system

Devan Winget shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

After the update my conveyors won't let inventory through the Advanced Rotor, also scripts that involved the advanced rotors are not recognizing them anymore.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Devan,

thanks for letting us knowe and we are sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

However, when I did try it, there is no issue to observe on my side. Tried two builds (small and large grid) containing cargo containers, conveyors and advanced rotors and everything was working just fine for me. I was able to sent items through from one inventory to the other, as well as withdraw it into my character´s inventory. See image below of my testing builds.

c1a0349e40a9ccb6dec7f2aee3f26b7f

Can you please be more specific? Sharing at least image so I know what parts you actually used for your build. Better would be video or sharing me your affected save file, so I can try it in your exact environments.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Also it´s hard to test that part about "script" if you don´t share it.

Are you running the affected game with some mods as well? If yes, please try the same build in world without any active, just to verify it´s not mod related issue. Since the update went out yesterday, it´s quite possible that some mods/scripts might not be ready for v200 and thus might be producing issues like this.

Thanks in advance for providing needed files.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I feel like an absolute fool. I am web developer and I didn't take all the steps needed to figure out that my rotor head wasn't completely built. It looked like it was, but it wasn't. That solves the issue of the inventory.

The script on the other hand is still an issue. Here is a link to the script that I am running. I did not make this one my self.

Automatic Mining Platform. There are a few people reporting that the script no longer works since the update. Not sure if this is something that the author needs to fix or not.

Thank you and sorry for wasting your time on the inventory portion.

photo

Nvm, it is fine as well. I really do feel like a fool. Thanks for checking, anyhow. I appreciate that you guys are there and care about the community.

photo

Hello, Devan,

thanks for comming back.

No need to be sorry :) It´s always better to let us know in case the issue can be on our side.

I´m glad that it is again working for you flawlessly.

I checked the discussion in the link you shared and it seems that author already fixed the script.

Will close this thread.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file