This object is in archive! 

Sensor Blocks are triggered when I enter a Cockpit (Small Block Only)

Jack Tori shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

So basically the small grid is acting as a player when you enter a cockpit and all sensor blocks get triggered. Doesn't matter how far you are as long as the sensor block and the cockpit block are on the same grid.

Added an image file to show a very simple test setup.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We reproduced it and It will be forwarded to our dev team for investigation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

same problem even on large grid, all sensors are triggered when I sit at the command seat of a ship and also the sensors on the base to which the ship is connected via connectors

photo

same on my ship

photo

Hello, Engineers!

I´m happy to announce that this issue is fixed in v200.027 hotfix!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Seems like my old world is still affected by it (vanilla no mods).

When I created a new world then I could see that the sensor blocks behave differently than before. It used to ignore the player when controlling a cockpit block even though the sensor area was big enough to see both the cockpit and the player. Now it still detects the player while they are controlling a cockpit block.

I added pictures of a setup that used to work but now doesn't because of the new behaviour. Idea was that I had lights turn on automatically when a player gets close and turn off if the leave or enter the seat.

photo

You can disregard that first part where it still affects my old world as this is the same issue where the behavior changed (or is it a bug??) and still detects the player in the cockpit when it didn't before the 1.200 update. I would really appreciate it being reverted so I can still use 2 sensor blocks instead of 4 (or having to expose those sensors aka moving them to the outside just to make it work the same way)

photo

Was this supposed to have been fixed? Because I am still experiencing this bug. Or is the fix only in new worlds, and old save files are bugged forever?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file