This object is in archive! 

Failed To Save World

caden cobb shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I'm absolutely adore this game and I've logged over 1500 hours on it, but recently i've run into quite an issue. Everytime I attempt to start up and old world, or create a new one, I'm hit with "World 'blank' failed to save. This can be caused by running out of memory or problems when writing files" I've tried every solution. Resetting my computer, verifying game files, creating a new world without mods, resetting config, you name it. I checked the error log and this is the message I receive.

SaveFinished: failed to save the world at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)

at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()

at Sandbox.Game.Screens.Helpers.MyAsyncSaving.SaveFinished(MySessionSnapshot snapshot)

at ParallelTasks.Parallel.RunCallbacks()

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)

at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<Run>b__0()

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()

at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)

at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Caden

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Caden!

Thank you for contacting us, we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues. Can you please check if it this issue persist on the latest game version 200.029?

Try also following steps:

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House, QA Department

photo

Hello,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated. In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Why does this keep happening? Stop relying on the community to fix this and Fix it.

photo

Hmm did the error have another error before it with GatherVicinityInformation ? if so it's likely a modded character being saved persistently which bugs out something, the quick way to check&fix is to enter the Character menu from main menu and just click ok so it saves that character to ActiveInventory.sbl, then try the problematic world again.

photo

Hi, so I had this same issue with that same bit of output in my log file. I cleared my roaming/spaceengineers file and reinstalled the game but that didn't fix the world saving issue when I added back the saves and blueprints folders to roaming. I later deleted the activeinventory.sbl and that fixed the issue for me. The issue must have been caused when I removed a mod from an active world and had those items on me. Regardless, this is worked for me and I hope it helps whoever finds this.

photo

I have the same issue on Xbox, and it will not save, regardless of what I do. Does anyone know how to fix this? This has been happening for two weeks now.

photo

If you tried the fix with opening character menu and that didn't help, then use Request Help at the top.

Normally I'd send you on keen discord but without the logs to see what the errors are we can't really help there, I'm hoping that tech support has ways to help.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file