This object is in archive! 

Game becomes unresponsive for a few seconds every couple of minutes

Radovan Šrámek shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

About two weeks ago my game started freezing for 3-10 seconds at random intervals, generally every couple of minutes. The game becomes unresponsive, but visual effects such as drills or thrusters are still running in the background. I played in a world with 3-4 mods, but it happens just as often in a fresh single player world with base settings and no mods. I have tried reinstalling the game, but the issue persists. My specs are:

Ryzen 5 2600X

GTX 1660

16 GB ram

Attached is the log file for a test playsession I did as well as a collection of a few logs from when the freeze happened.

Replies (6)

photo

Can confirm - freezes for a few seconds every few minutes, both with and without mods. Ryzen 5 3600, Vega 56, 32GB RAM.

photo

Funnily, the first game session I had after the new Warfare 2 update dropped, it was perfectly good and I had no freezes. I was using the same world, mods etc. as before. However now it is back to the way it was before.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thank you for your report. Are you experiencing this issue also at the latest game version 200.032? If so, could you please try the following?

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hi Laura,

I haven't played in a while now, I just tried the game for about half hour now and so far there were no freezes. If they do show up again in the future, I'll try out your fixes. Thanks very much for the reply.

Kidn regards,

Radovan

photo

Hello, Radovan!

That's great to hear thank you for letting us know. I will close this thread but if others are still experiencing the same issue. Could you please create a new thread with your logs and provide as much information as possible :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I am currently having the same issue with my SE. I have tried absolutely everything mentioned above and MORE to no avail, it still causes screen freezes (with working sounds in the background) for about 10-12 seconds, every 2-4 minutes... I'm at my end with this problem because it's very distracting and annoying. Also its stopping g me from being able to record my next season on YT

Leave a Comment

Attach a file