Increase custom voxels limit

CptArthur shared this feedback 2 years ago
Under Consideration

be0666be7cd48539cf4c51541cbabf68

Image is from Ares system + industrial overhaul.

This issue can be recreated with all mods that add new custom voxels

Here I also made a video: https://youtu.be/9N8gv0OYGjo

I will add more info soon

Replies (9)

photo

mining is my life

photo

What's the limit for custom voxels right now?

photo

Please fix this, everything looks like asteroid stone!

photo

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please do this I love using custom planets and the limit is low for entire systems.

photo

I'd like to enjoy a fully custom system with more depth from mods such as Industrial Overhaul, and currently, I will not, because I cannot if everything looks the same as the stone in space. My standards are too high. Please extend the lifespan of Space Engineers for your community by enhancing the voxel limits!

photo

Its hard to make a system with even 5 somewhat high quality planets without them just turning to stone making it verry hard to enjoy a custom system.

photo

Adding my voice to this feature improvement request, as some progression mods that add many ores are visually incompatible with custom planets; either the ores or the planet voxels must fallback on the asteroid textures.

photo

I also feel like the current Voxel Limit is way too low, I'm having to choose between Planets and Custom Blocks far to much, I've had to remove 1/3 of my Planets and a couple of Mods just for the game to load all the Custom Textures (I don't even have many mods, mainly QoL Mods such as Smooth Voxels and stuff like that)

photo

This is the most important, low-hanging fruit issue Keen could address to improve the gameplay potential of Space Engineers. Currently, there is very little reason to bother traveling to different planets. Go to space and find one uranium and platinum asteroid and you're set, unless you're doing massive mega-projects that you have no reason to do unless for competitive multiplayer.

The game could be 10x more interesting with the ability to combine custom planets with custom resources that you must explore the system to collect and build more advanced blocks. But it currently doesn't support this, and I don't understand why. It's tragic.

If you're not going to develop actual gameplay for Space Engineers beyond sandbox building, please remove limitations that inhibit the community from doing it for you.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file