This object is in archive! 

Issue with starting new games

Naomi E shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Whenever I start a new game in Space Engineers I get the menu for respawn with a message saying that there are no respawn locations available. Which makes it impossible to start any new games since I can never spawn into an empty world or even a world that is supposed to have a starter base like the earth like planet.

No setting or game option changes make any difference. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Naomi!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Are you running with any mods at all? If so, can you please disable all of them and try this again?

Is this happening only offline? If you create a lobby game or a dedicated scenario do you still find the same happens? Is this something that has only started happening recently?

I would try the steps below and see if this makes a difference for you if you have not already tried these as it may be something that can be fixed with the following:

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall the game

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file