This object is in archive! 

Key Bindings Won't Change

Tayman Burton shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Changing the key bindings in settings does nothing. Specifically changing any setting in the toolbar tab.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Tayman Burton,

thanks for letting us know about this issue and we are sorry that you are experiencing it.

However, when I did try it, I wasn´t able to observe any of said behavior - all changes were changed properly and persistent for me through save/load and even when fully closing the game and running it again. Tried e.g. WSAD change to arrows, toolbar numbers to numbers on num pad and various letters as well. All the changes were properly saved and working ingame.

Are you sure you are changing it properly? Once in the Settings menu, you need to click (LMB) on the field next to the function you want to change, pop-up window saying "Please press a key" will show. Now you press the key you want to assign. It is rewritten in the field next to the function. But you still need to press OK when leaving this window, in order the changes are applied. When leving this window with Esc or by pressing Cancel, the changes will be reverted to the previous state.

If you are sure that you are doing everything right, can you please try some of these advices that might help you fix it locally?

• Verify your game files in Steam - right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) - you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder - same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall the game

If nothing from above fixes the issue for you, can you please provide me a video of this issue happeng? Any more information that you can share would help me as well.

Is this issue persistent for you and happening all the time? Or was it just some random one-timer?

Last but not least - are you sure you are not using any mods/scripts, that might alter or intersect with this functionality?

Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file