Timer Blocks, doors and button panels behaving strangely especially in multiplayer

Radeth T (Radeth) shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

I was trying to create a nice airlock for my ship and I came across a few issues that I'm not sure if are intended to be working like this:

1. If you set a timer block to first turn on a door (that was turned off) and in the same timer you set the door to be opened, the door doesn't play the animation but if you try to walk through (running works better), it behaves like if it was open. The same happens if you set the timer to open or close a door and then turn it off, the animation doesn't play but the door behaves as if open/closed. If you go to the terminal and click on the open/close button it shows the incorrect status (i.e. closed even though you can walk through) and you have to click it twice to see an animation. Probably fixable telling the door to play the whole animation even though the block changes on/off status in the middle of it.

2. This issue is less reproduceable, I think it happens more often on mp servers, anyway I had set up a chain of timer blocks and sometimes one of two doors wouldn't open/close or turn on/off, sometimes the air vent wouldn't pressurize, etc. Sometimes this issue gets fixed by grinding and rebuilding the affected blocks (ownership problem? Although the blocks were all owned by me). Sometimes I could trigger this strange behaviour by manually altering the on/off status (of a door for example) from the control panel, then that door would stop being affected by the timer blocks, even if the timer was triggered manually from the control panel and not from the button panel. Sometimes logging out and back into the server would fix some problems.

This was the Airlock setup i used:

Airlock door In, Airlock door out, Airlock vent, Airlock light in (green), Airlock light out (green), Airlock processing light (red), 3 Timers In->Out, 3 Timers Out->In, Airlock button panel in (inside the ship), Airlock button panel out (outside the ship), Airlock button panel mid (inside the airlock)

Airlock Vent was set to turn on "Airlock door in" when pressurized and turn on "Airlock door out" when not pressurized.

Timer In->Out 1 = close "Airlock door in", close "Airlock door Out", turn off "Airlock light in", turn off "Timer Out->In 1" (for safety), start Timer In->Out 2

Timer In->Out 2 (set to 1 second) = turn on "Airlock processing light", set Airlock vent" depressurize on, turn off "Airlock door in", turn off "Airlock door out", start Timer In->Out 3

Timer In->Out 3 (set to 3 seconds) = turn off "Airlock processing light", turn on "Airlock light out", open "Airlock door out", turn on "Timer Out->In 1"

Timer Out-In 1 = close "Airlock door in", close "Airlock door Out", turn off "Airlock light out", turn off "Timer In-Out 1" (for safety), start Timer Out-In 2

Timer Out-In 2 (set to 1 second) = turn on "Airlock processing light", set Airlock vent" depressurize off, turn off "Airlock door in", turn off "Airlock door out", start Timer Out-In 3

Timer Out-In 3 (set to 3 seconds) = turn off "Airlock processing light", turn on "Airlock light in", open "Airlock door in", turn on "Timer In->Out 1".

Button panel outside set to trigger now Timer In->Out 1, Button panel inside set to trigger now Timer Out-In 1, Button panel set to trigger now Timer Out->In 1 on the button towards the inside of the ship and to trigger now Timer In->Out 1 on the button towards the outside of the ship.

Thanks for the patience.

R

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file