This object is in archive! 

Trouble getting into Official Servers on Steam

Pat Owens shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I often have trouble getting into NA#1 official server. The game just closes down without generating a crash report. I can get into Server NA#3, play for a bit, then try to go to NA#1 and have the game close down just as I get to the MOD screen during the load in. This block can last for hours at a time and is very frustrating. I know the server is up, I can see it in the list and people are playing. This is a recurring problem. I have a 50/50 chance of getting into the server after either a crash or a restart.

My internet connection is stable, I validated local files.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Pat!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have just tried logging into the server and it has loaded without any crashing. When you say it crashes for you, what actually happens? Does the game crash to desktop or, does it disconnect? Does the game say anything at all? Is this only happening on NA#1? Could you please supply your Space Engineers log rather than the VRage ones? They are located in the same place :)

As a side note, if you experience any issues with the servers that you think are not bug related but simply general issues, you can contact a server admin here https://discord.gg/me9BvHme on discord after following 'help for official servers' :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Normally, the game just closes. Like I had hit ALT+F4. No crash report is generated. Occasionally, if it doesn't just close down, I will see an error message that my graphics driver crashed due to the GPU being overheated/overclocked. But my GPU is box stock with no mods or OC and no where near being overheated (50c-60c)

This has happened on server NA#3 a couple of times, but only a couple. I have had no problems at all on NA#4. In fact I can go from playing normally on either 3 or 4 to 1 and get this shutdown. Here is the latest log generation

photo

Hello, Pat!

Thank you for the further information and log. There doesn't appear to be an exception in the log provided. Are you able to provide a windows event viewer log?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Here is the info I think you are asking for. I'm not familiar with Event Viewer so I copied the info that seemed relevant to a text file. There were TWO seemingly related errors: One with Space Engineers and the other with .NET Runtime

photo

Hello, Pat!

Thank you for this. I see you have validated the files, could you also please do the following and let me know how you get on after this? Have you also updated .Net Runtime to see if this changes anything?

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this. I'm still trying to understand what this will accomplish as it seems like a LOT to do to get access to ONE wonky server. My computer is literally only months old and configured for automatic updates to the OS. I know my graphics drivers are up to date as that is automatic with the GeForce Experience installed. I don't think Visual C Redist 2017 is even available any more as all I can find is 2019.

Considering how much trouble it was to get my saved games and workshop items moved from my old machine to this one, I'd rather just forgo playing on NA#1 than go through that again.

photo

Hello, Pat!

Thank you for the update. Do you happen to use the ASUS native gaming app? We are currently experiencing some issues with this and wanted to check if you are using it?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Not that I am aware of. I play Space Engineers with the direct shortcut that Steam installs when you install the game. I don't use anything else to start the program. I do have MSI Afterburner and Riva Statistics Server running to watch temps and fan speeds, though I don't do any over-clocking since I don't know enough about it and I've been told this 1660 Super runs pretty warm when it is overclocked. I'd rather not stress it with the current shortages/prices.

Again, this is primarily only occurring on Server NA#1. I play on NA#1, NA#3, and NA#4. I've never had a problem with NA#4, and only very rarely had a problem with NA#3, and even then only AFTER having an issue with NA#1. Restarting Steam usually clears that up.

photo

Hello, Pat!

Thank you for the further information. Just to check, is the PC made my ASUS? Just checking at it looks like the ROG Strix G15CK_G15CK? I believe this is an ASUS PC and this may be related to the issue mentioned but just want to double-check :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Yes, it is an ASUS PC. The only preinstalled software I use on it, though, is to control the RGB lighting and the Update program MyAsus. I do not use the GameFirst VI app that was installed at the factory. I -only- start Steam Games from the Steam-Installed desktop shortcut, or the Steam App itself. I disabled most of the preinstalled software so that it doesn't run at startup. I don't do bloatware.

photo

Hello, Pat!

Thank you for clarifying this. After speaking with a colleague, they did a little research on the error code in your log error nvwgf2umx.dll occurs also in other games and the crash isn't probably caused by Space Engineers and may be the result of a system issue. For this, we would recommend a clean install of the graphic drivers and OS reinstall. Here is an example of the issue https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/208329/windows-10-games-are-crashing-in-nvwgf2umxdll/

Please let me know how you get on after this :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file