This object is in archive! 

DX11 Render Device not found

Shane Doan shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix
I just tried reinstalling Space Engineers after about a Year break.. now I am I get getting a "DX 11 render device not found" at Launch. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AMD drivers and software, reinstalling C++ 2013 and 2019 and I have uninstalled and re-installed the game.I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz running Win10 with a Radeon RX 570 Series video cardI am posting my latest error logs

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Shane,

thanks for contacting us regarding your issue and we are sorry that you are experiencing it in a first place.

There are couple of workarounds/fixes in the community, pointing mostly towards the usage of the integrated card rather that the dedicated one.

So please make these steps in order to fix the issue:

- I would start with deleting the *.cfg file in the Roaming/SE folded (you can find this by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. However, from the log, it seems that you have the *.cfg file missing completely. That might be the origin of this issue, really.

- if this won´t work or you are not able to do so as you don´t have the file, you can try to delete from the said folder SharedFiles2 folder as well

- you can also delete the whole Roaming/SE folder (just make sure you do preserve your saves/blueprints and other files that you want to keep

- the workaround from other players goes as far as uninstalling and reinstalling whole SE on the Steam (but you did that already)

- you can also check whether you are using the dedicated card and not the integrated one in order to run the game

- also to some players did help to reinstall the graphical drivers (you did it as well, though)

- can you check whether you have access to the Beta "Dx9 compatibility" on Steam; Library - right click on SE - Properties - Betas - dx9-32 bit compatibility. If yes, try to switch to that option and run the game.

- some players were able run the game after reinstalling it rather on C drive than in Steam folder on D

- one player also states that the issue got fixed for him when he disabled the second monitor for the time when starting and running the game

If you still struggle with running the game, please check and read this Steam thread so you know exactly how other players did resolve this.

Please let me know if anything from these worked for you. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Good morning,

I performed the following and still nothing is aloowing to the game to load... Still reports that I do not have a DX11 render device.

So please make these steps in order to fix the issue:

- I would start with deleting the *.cfg file in the Roaming/SE folded (you can find this by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. However, from the log, it seems that you have the *.cfg file missing completely. That might be the origin of this issue, really. - Re- installed game and downgraded to DX9 beta - Game runs. Exit game, edit Space engineers.cfg to DX 11, change back to live build game fails.

- if this won´t work or you are not able to do so as you don´t have the file, you can try to delete from the said folder SharedFiles2 folder as well - Shared Files 2 Deleted... Game fails

- you can also delete the whole Roaming/SE folder (just make sure you do preserve your saves/blueprints and other files that you want to keep) - deleted Appdata/Roaming/SpaceEngineers folder - Game Fails

- the workaround from other players goes as far as uninstalling and reinstalling whole SE on the Steam (but you did that already) - Tried again - Game fails

- you can also check whether you are using the dedicated card and not the integrated one in order to run the game - playing on PC not laptop... game recognizes Video Card - Radeon RX 570 (DX12 Compatible Card) Game fails

- also to some players did help to reinstall the graphical drivers (you did it as well, though) - Uninstalled GPU and drivers, deleted all reference to GPU and software, Reinstalled GPU software and Drivers - Game Fails

- can you check whether you have access to the Beta "Dx9 compatibility" on Steam; Library - right click on SE - Properties - Betas - dx9-32 bit compatibility. If yes, try to switch to that option and run the game. - Game functions using Beta dx9- 32bit

- some players were able run the game after reinstalling it rather on C drive than in Steam folder on D. - Added new steam download folder to C Drive and reinstalled - Game Fails

- one player also states that the issue got fixed for him when he disabled the second monitor for the time when starting and running the game Disabled second monitor - Disabled second monitor Game Fails

If you still struggle with running the game, please check and read this Steam thread so you know exactly how other players did resolve this. Followed link and there was nothing that has not been already tried

Thank you

Shane.

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 3:08 AM <support@keenswh.com> wrote:

photo

Hello, Engineer!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!