This object is in archive! 

Connecting to a specific server causes CTD

Andriel Chaoti shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Attempting to connect to one specific server causes my game to crash to desktop with no error message or a "graphics device crashed" error message. No other servers cause this issue, and no singleplayer worlds either. Attached is the log file and memory dump that was generated by this crash. (change the file extension of "minidumpt22.txt" to ".dmp" if you need it)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Andriel!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I will start with our first steps for resolving a wide array of issues. Secondly, although possibly not related there are a few mod errors in here. Is it possible to try the server without any mods enabled? I ask this because you're not experiencing the issue with other servers so this I assume is a server-specific issue.

• Verify your game files in Steam
  • Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF=s0

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

This seems to happen after I've been logged out for a while, (typically after logging in a cryo pod or bed) but sometimes will happen for no reason at all when reconnecting. I've tried moving %appdata%\SpaceEngineers, I've tried hiding the video files, I've tried verifying the game files, I do this song and dance every time this issue happens, which is daily since moving our host. My OS is up to date, it updates itself constantly, my GPU is out of support and doesn't get new GPU driver updates. As for trying without mods, we can't without significant issues on the server, as well as it not being controlled by me.

photo

Hello, Andriel!

Thank you for the further information. Is this happening to everyone who joins or specifically just you? You say that this has happened since changing hosts, do you think this could be related at all? Did this happen at all previously?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

No, it's just me, and I haven't seen it happening before. I'm not sure if the host change is related, but I feel like it might be. We're attempting to remove my player identity entirely from the server to see what happens.

photo

Hello, Andriel!

Thank you for the update. Please let me know once you have tried this :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Alright, we gave that a try, and as soon as I logged out (properly) in a cryo pod. Logging back in after a few moments caused the game to crash to desktop again. This didn't happen when I used F5 to "quick-reload" though.

photo

Hello, Andriel!

Thank you for the update. As mentioned before, can you please remove all mods and test the server? Please let us know how you get on after this.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!