This object is in archive! 

Safezone - I'm black listed when adding contained

ToothRot shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Addition to this bug post:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/safe-zone-grinding-bug

Keen na 1: also noticed in this situation.. when I "add contained" with my safe zone.. I am suddenly blacklisted from my own safezone.

Also.. with the grinding issue.. tested with a ship partially out and ship could not be grinded.. but this other grid can be. Plz fix.

Replies (3)

photo

Additional tests reveal everyone in the zone becomes blacklisted when I "add contained"

photo

Hello, ToothRot!

Sorry to hear you experienced the issue. Was this a one-off for you or, has it since happened again? I can't seem to reproduce the issue when changing to 'add contained' I am not immediately blacklisted. Could you please provide a video and reliable steps to reproduce the issue in case I have missed something you are doing before. Are you able to reproduce the issue in singleplayer too? (Obviously just blacklisting yourself) Please supply any further information that would help in reproducing the issue.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Sorry but I've moved my safezone to the moons surface so the situation is different. But the situation then was.. I had a stationed grid halfway out of the safe zone.. it was glitchy.. sometimes allowing people to grind it.. sometimes not. Well.. reliably (every time I tried.it while this error happened) every time I tried "add contained" hoping that it would provide the safezone and extended grid more stability.. everyone in the safezone was put in the blacklist.. some settings involved were timers handling doors and turning beacons and antennas on and off.. reactor and hydro engines running.. umm.. I have not been able to reproduce this is.single player. If I notice it happening again I will record the screen but since I've moved onto the moons surfact there have been less glitches.. although I've abandoned my dream of a bubble city with extending merged grids that were protected from attacks but didnt protect people and unmerged grids.. so sad.. it was a fun idea but it was just not a reliable way to protect grids even though it should have been in theory.

photo

Hello, ToothRot!

Thank you for the information. It sounds like this could possibly be caused by the positioning of the grid and safe zone as you mentioned it was glitchy. For us to report the issue, we would need reliable steps to reproduce it. If you are able to create a scenario where this happens. please share it will us to help us reproduce it and hopefully report it :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Oh.. something else that was unusual at the time.. a friend of mine had his own safezone right next to mine.. I mean yeah.. it was glitchy before.. but the blacklisting "new glitch" only started when his safezone was put up next to mine..

photo

It is happening again at: GPS:Moon City :21330.19:137353.86:-105595.29:#FF75C9F1:

on Keen NA 1.. I used "Add contained" from the grid menu.. and ended up blacklisting me.

photo

Copy of what I posted on the discord help channel:

@👨‍🚀 Official Game Server Admin Keen NA 1.. It glitched again and when I "add contained" on grids menu from safe zone.. It black listed me and eveyone inside the grid.. ( in the player tab, that wasnt being altered)

GPS:Moon City :21330.19:137353.86:-105595.29:#FF75C9F1:

Plz remove Toothrot from blacklist.. Antenna access isn't working either

[ Edit ]

Luckily other things glitched in the station and I was able to use those to access.. other gliches were.. For some reason the connector group in the timer box isn't in the timer controls.. just a grey box where it used to be.. whch means a connector was on.. While I was in there I did fix the antenna. which should have been broadcasting.. but wasnt.. and when I switched it to broadcasting.. and left.. and came back in.. broadcasting was off again.. right after I had fixed it.. Luckily these.. errors.. allowed me to regain access to my station.. while some of these errors.. such as the connectors.. left part of it vulnerable.

photo

Hello, ToothRot!

Thank you for the update. If there is an issue on the dedicated server then the admins should be able to help you rather than us on here. If you find that this is a bug you can replicate it, however, please provide us with a save file example so that this can be reproduced by us and reported (unless it is simply a one-off on the dedicated server and needs help from an admin) As so far, I have not been able to reproduce the issue in a new save file.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I'll try to get a video when I see it again.. I just tried now but it didnt happen. A bit tough to remember to start recording whenever I decide to go into a particular menu I normally dont access

photo

Hello, ToothRot!

Thank you for this, I will keep this open for the time being :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, ToothRot!

Have you had a chance to record this or, has this since not happened? Please let me know :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!