This object is in archive! 

SE tries to reinstall itself

John Peace shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Occasionally when I start SE it tries to reinstall itself. There seems to be no way around it. I restarted my laptop and get same issue when starting SE. See screenshot.

I played yesterday and closed the program normally. I got the new industry update before that. Why does this happen & how to prevent it?

THanks

John

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, John,

thanks for letting us know about your concern. However, this seems that there is no issue with the game as such, since it somehow "gets uninstalled" when you are not on the PC; you´re not even running/trying to run the game.

By the time this window appear, can you check your Steam local files (Steam - steamapps - common) and check whether the SE are even there (with the correct size and everything)?

Can you please try to reinstall completely your Steam client and run some kind of virus scan on you PC?

Let me know what are the outcomes of theses actions.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!