2080 Ti Crash after loading into server or save file.

Steve S shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

When I load into the game at all from the menu, the load completes and then crashes immediately before I even see anything in the game. The crash happens in both single player and online.

I have tried reinstalling the game, clean wiping with DDU and installing 3 different versions of drivers, changing resolution settings, NVIDIA control panel settings,

unsubscribed from all mods and cleaned up any potential mod data, etc. I can't find a workaround for the issue at all. I have included my crash log with the bug report.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Support Staff,

Just a follow up, there has been a patch to the game and new Nvidia drivers out since I reported the issue and it is still present.

Thank you,

SS

photo
photo

Did you read your crash log? This is not a graphics card error. Delete file 'D:\Games and Stuff\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\VoxelMaterials.sbc'. I do not have this file in my installation. Your crash log says reinstalling is not enough because unknown files are not deleted.

Paraphrasing:

DEFINITION_CRITICAL_ERROR: in file: D:\Games and Stuff\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\VoxelMaterials.sbc

Exception occured: Sandbox.Game.Screens.MyLoadingException: Error loading original game content, cannot load file:
D:\Games and Stuff\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\VoxelMaterials.sbc

Original game content has been probably modified, revert any modification and try again. Best way to do it is to delete folder 'SpaceEngineers\Content\Data' and then select in D:\Games and Stuff\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\VoxelMaterials.sbc 'Verify local game cache'.

Reinstalling the game is not enough, because D:\Games and Stuff\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\VoxelMaterials.sbc does not delete unknown files!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file