This object is in archive! 

Constant switching between block variants

Ben Jenkin shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

When I select a block from my hotbar that has variants such as a light armour block having slope and corner variants etc it will scroll constantly and rapidly through the variants making it impossible to place the desired block. The scroll wheel has no effect but holding the alt key freezes the switching. I am playing on a laptop with a mouse attached

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Ben,

thanks for letting us know about your issue.

However, I´m not able to reproduce it so far.

Can you please try to verify the integrity of game data? Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files.

Are you sure that your touchpad on the laptop is turned off and you are not intersecting with it while moving the objects around?

Is it happening in all games that you try, or just some of them/one?

Any more information would definitely help!

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Ben

What mouse do you have? Does it perhaps support some more advanced features like "Constant scrolling" where mouse keeps scrolling into the last direction of the mouse wheel until special button is pressed again to disable this feature as some gaming mice do?

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!