This object is in archive! 

Voice Chat Issue (possibly with Logitech Hardware/Software)

Elor Yosnak shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

With Logitech headsets, using the in game voice chat seems to create a loud popping noise whenever the button is clicked for a long enough period of time, once when clicked and once when released. It is loud enough and jarring enough to make igvc unusable. Fix would be greatly appreciated.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Elor!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have had a look through some older posts and does this sound like something you are experiencing? https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/click-noise-wehn-somebody-talks-via-voice-chat Is this only happening in Space Engineers? Not in other games or Discord etc? Is this something that has recently started happening on a newer update or, is this something you have been dealing with for a while? Have you tested this at all without the Logitech software if this is at all possible?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

That is essentially the problem, but in our case we can still hear and be heard (where the old post says they can't hear anything other than a clicking noise) It is only happening in Space engineers Radio voice chat, not in any other game or discord. One of the people having the issue has a logitech microphone, but that's the only thing tying people together.

Haven't had the chance to test without logitech software, and we usually play with a google cchat call in the background (and we don't use the in game voice chat) so not sure if it's recent or not.

Thanks very much, and I'll get more information when I can

photo

Hello, Elor!

Thank you for the further information. If it is at all possible to try it without the logitech software just to see if that has any changes at all that would be great. I will keep this open and await any extra information you are able to find :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Elor!

Have you had a chance to have a look at this at all? :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I have not yet, but there's a chance that I can do this evening. Sorry for the wait, been a busy few weeks.

photo

Hello, Elor!

Thank you for letting me know. No problem, just making sure the problem still exists and hasn't been resolved :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Well we did a bit of testing just recently.

It appears whenever someone starts talking through the in game voice chat, the game cuts off all of one channel audio (hence the popping sound) and sends only through the other channel (or other ear I'm not sure which term is best). The ear that loses audio doesn't appear to be consistent, may have something to do with an outside impetus but if so we don't know what it is, and the channel losing audio is the same for a while at least. That's with Logitech headphones / software.

The (logitech) headphones have an adaptor to USB from two separate audio jack connectors for the headphones and microphones respectively. When plugged in with the usb adaptor the issue with clicking exists, however, when plugged in without the adaptor (just the headphone cord is plugged directly to computer) the clicking noise seems to go away.

Without the headphones but with the same computer and skullcandy earbuds plugged in, there is an occasional soft clicking when people start talking but that's it. Not as loud, and not as consistent, as well as there not being any loss of audio to either channel/ear.

These tests were only done with one of the two people who have an issue, so some things may be left out.

Both computers we are aware of that have the issue are G series Dell Gaming computers, one of them is a desktop and the other a laptop. Another person's dell doesn't have the issue and is a business series dell laptop.

Please tell us if there's anything else we can help out with!

photo

Hello, Elor!

Thank you so much for the information. Just to double-check but I may have missed this. Have you at any time tried without the software or have the other users at all? Just trying to make sure it's not the software that is possibly causing the issue. I notice you say the skullcandy earbuds barely cause an issue in this instance, are they still working with the software at all? I really appreciate your help so far :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Nope, you didn't miss anything, I neglected to mention it.

Whenever we used a 3.5mm audio jack the software should have *probably* been dormant. So both with the Skullcandy earbuds and with the Logitech headphones when not using the USB jack.

The USB jack was tried without the software (again, with our best attempts to disable the software at least) and through USB the noise was still there even without the active software.

Sorry for forgetting to add that, it is definitely important info, I just blanked on it.

And thanks very much for your help!

photo

Anything else we can do to help test this issue?

photo

Hello, Engineer!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!