This object is in archive! 

Space Engineers simply not starting

Matthew Trent shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello, I have a problem regarding Space engineers on Windows 10.

The game simply just doesn't start. While it does still technically run, it only runs in the background idling at 0% cpu/gpu. Steam renders it running until I forcefully end the task using task manager.

I'm going to attach multiple logs, each one was a failed startup resulting in no error message or anything. Just not starting.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Matthew!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Do you get a screen at all? Even a black screen for example? Or, is there no window at all? We would usually start with the below steps

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know how you get on with these. If you are getting a black screen, we have some steps that can solve this issue below

• Add -skipintro into the game launch options
  • e85fc09208b68680cbcd2eda56e923f4
  • Renaming / Deleting "\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Videos" folder

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I tried everything, same result. It might help to know that the process is also bracketed under steam.

Also, no black screen. Nothing, it just doesn't start.

photo

I tried everything, same result. It might help to know that the process is also bracketed under steam.

Also, no black screen. Nothing, it just doesn't start.

photo

Hello, Matthew!

Thank you for the further information. Could you please supply a copy of the event viewer log from when this happens? What GPU are you using? Finally, were you previously able to start the game without issues before or, have you never been able to start the game?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

There were no errors emitting from space engineers or even steam. I'm using a GTX 1060 6GB. I was able to play the game perfectly before besides the usual clang.

photo

Hello, Matthew!

In this case, I would suggest reinstalling Steam. Could you also go through these tips here https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/troubleshooting/game-will-not-start-issues/ to make sure you are not using any apps that prevent the game from starting.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!