This object is in archive! 

Steam does not accept mod thumbnail

Jackie Treehorn shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello, I've been troubleshooting the inability of Steam to recognize the thumbnail of my mod on upload. I've done extensive research on how to properly format the thumb file so that it is acceptable to Steam. Nothing seems to work:

I have, according to various outdated recommendations:

- kept the thumb under 1MB

- Used .jpg and .png

- Used resolution at or under 300x300

- Disabled "Enable Steam Cloud" on the Space Engineers options menu

Furthermore, I am able to upload blueprints with thumbnails successfully.

Aside recommendation: provide clear instructions on support.keenswh.com on how to properly format blueprints, mods, scripts, worlds etc. There is too much confusion on the internet and disconnects between Keen and Steam on what is the proper format of these thumbnails.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2506855060

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Jackie!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. What exactly is happening when you try to upload the image? Are you getting an error? I just tested this by putting it in a test mod folder and uploading it and the thumbnail uploaded as expected. This was in mods > [Name of example mod] file and then as an image called 'thumb' Please let me know if this is how you are doing it..

In terms of the instructions, we have a place for suggestions/feedback here which would be a great place to pop your comment :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!