This object is in archive! 

Space Engineers crash on server join

TomDom shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

Good day, I'm currently hosting a dedicated server for me and my friends.

The server has been working great but this changed when I started to build an asteroid base.

If my character went offline at the asteroid then I started experiencing some crashes when attempting to start the game, it was nothing big at first, maybe a crash once or twice but it would load up eventually.

The issue seemed to be getting worse the more I built though, so I thought it would be a good idea to avoid leaving the game at the asteroid, so that's what I tried doing.

Then when my base has progressed further, my character went offline (crashed) when I was located at the asteroid and I was then unable to rejoin the server at all. (I tried joining around 20 times)

I then tried the following things: restarting PC, clearing the Space Engineers temp, cache and shadercache folders, clearing the cache of Nvidia, Verifying integrity of game files, reinstalling the game, restarting server, rolling back a GPU driver and turning off the overclock of my GPU.

What ended up "fixing" this issue was moving my character to a different location by downloading the world, opening it with SEToolBox, selecting my character then moving it to the moon, reuploading that world to the server and then joining it.

I don't really find this to be a fix though since I am now unable to log off at my asteroid base now which is my main base and I have to remind myself to leave it everytime I stop playing or it will result in me locking my game, even accidentally crashing at it will now result in some trouble.

I was wondering if there is anything I can do about this, I have included my game log from when the game kept crashing caused by my character being nearby the asteroid.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Tom

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, TomDom!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Thank you for providing the log. Could you please supply a copy of your save ideally the one before trying to fix it if you still have this which is causing the problem. We can take a look at this for you :)

I also noticed in the log that there isn't a crash, if you do get a crash could you also please supply that log too? You mention going offline, is this the crash you are referring to? Not actually the game crashing to the desktop for example.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

The save I'm trying to join is on a dedicated server, I can however access that save and will provide it here.

I hope I also provided the correct log this time.

The game usually doesn't crash when already loaded ingame except on some rare occasions which isn't a problem to me.

The issue remains that as soon as I log out or go offline in any way near the asteroid I will not be able to log back in, and it will crash everytime while attempting to re-connect to the server.

As far as I know, it shouldn't matter if I provide you the save before/after the 'fix', since the issue is always present and cannot be removed by me, only worked around.

I forgot to tell you in me previous message that I have done quite a lot of terraforming on the asteroid too.

The asteroid causing problems is located at X 39505 Y 111789 Z -78190

Hope this info helps! if you need anything else I'll be glad to provide it :)

Greetings,

Tom

photo

Hello, TomDom!

Thank you for the files and further information. Just a quick question as I went to load the file and see you have quite a few mods. We always ask if it is possible to test the world without the mods just to see if this changes anything for you. Quite often mods can because of issues so just checking first :)

Kind Regard

Laura, QA Department

photo

I will try to run the server tonight without mods when people are offline, I will let you know how it goes!

Thanks for the quick responses too btw! :)

Greetings,

Tom

photo

Hello, TomDom!

Have you had a chance to test this without mods? :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!