This object is in archive! 

Sensors activate while loading grid in gravity well

Mindle shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

So I made a bomber of sorts using rotors to attach bombs to a bomber. Since I have no experience with programmable blocks in space engineers, if I want programs to activate in the bombs without manually going into the ship's config and rebinding all the activation groups to the bomber's hotbar/timers, I have to use sensors on the bombs to trigger them once the bombs detect that there's no more subgrids.

This works perfectly fine... until I reload the world. For whatever reason, upon loading the world, the sensors briefly cease to detect a subgrid is attached, and then all of the bombs simultaneously activate their thrusters and gyros. Which is annoying.

After a bit of testing, I've concluded that this bug only happens in a gravity well. In space it is fine, but once on the planet surface, loading in the tech causes the sensors to trip and the bombs to activate their thrusters.

I've attached a zipped file of the troubled bomber (with it's loading trolley and bombs pre-attached) so you can hopefully find the issue and resolve it. I've also attached two pictures to demonstrate what the bomber looks like when it's working as intended, and when the bombs have prematurely activated.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Mindle!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I appreciate all the information given so far! I'm afraid it looks as if the save has just come through as a thumbnail without the save file itself. Could you please try this again?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!