Running animation bug?

Frederik Michelsen shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

A little while ago the running animation for me got weird. It uses the forward sprinting animation for everything except walking.

I have no idea how it started, and it happens on both modded and un-modded worlds I create, but not on multiplayer servers for some reason. I have asked online elsewhere, and no one else has experienced this. Here's a video if it can help in any way.

https://youtu.be/ezdkSHSlFS0

Replies (2)

photo

This is because they increased your character's movement speed in a previous update. The animations are geared toward slower speeds, but since they increased it to higher speeds, the animations get confused and go into the sprinting-forward animation.

The animations are still there. If you mod the movement speed in character.sbc to be slower, the proper animations will play as expected. They botched that update and never looked back. Classic Keen.

All they need to do is update the animation speeds with the character speeds we have now.

photo

Oh okay. Thank you very much, I'll try and do that.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

We will address all reported issues during future development and we will attempt to fix your issue as soon as possible. We are currently close to a Major release, which is under heavy development and this takes up a lot of our time.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file