Constant Micro Freeze

Fuzzydohnut shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

Hello there,

This has probably been reported several times over but reading through past postings, reddits, and forums gave me no answer. Whenever i either load up a survival world(modded or vanilla) and get near the planets terrain in anyship at all, the game will freeze every few seconds for about 5 seconds each time.

I've found this is only with ships tho, i can walk around, build, explore just find. The freezes only happen in a survival game, never in multiplayer or creative. Now yes i do have the game heavily modded( 60ish mods or so) but it gets weird when i can take the same modset, load them up into a server and have no freezes whatsoever.

Replies (6)

photo

I have what may be this as well; microfreezing when flying about in a cratered planet full of derbies. My only hardware being maxed out at the time is my GPU, which was giving me around 20-40 FPS at the time.

World file:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1524526907

log file:

https://pastebin.com/KC0H0RjQ

photo

do you not have cleanup enabled?

my server has tons of stations and ships, and no performance problem here. besides when the server spawns in new ships but thats KEEN.

photo

The only time I've experienced this stuttering was on a vanilla DS that I had set my Voxel detail to High. The area I was based at had a high concentration of the nasty terrain that eats up wheels near a mountainous snowy area by a lake. I lowered my detail to Medium and the stuttering reduced to a level that was noticeable but barely. I should add that the admin who had not been suffering any issues came over to see and experienced the same stuttering. Eventually I gave up on that server and have not experienced it again even with settings all back to High.

Try turning down your Voxel Detail a step and see if that helps. Also note whether the area you're playing at has a large variety of voxel types and/or deformations. One last thing is whether you run Chrome in the background when you play. That used to cause me some memory/stuttering issues a long time ago.

Hope this helps!

photo

I just recently experienced a hailstorm of freezing during combat, and turned down the voxel detail. The freezing continued. I also then turned off all other programs, and the freezing still continued until the turrets grew inactive, and the game saved at the same time.

I am also attaching a screenshot taken before I did what was stated above.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

We will address all reported issues during future development and we will attempt to fix your issue as soon as possible. We are currently close to a Major release, which is under heavy development and this takes up a lot of our time.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This seems to have evolved into a new issue- constant micro stuttering every 1-2 seconds combined with choppiness / jerkiness and lag. This is in mutliplayer and makes flying around other ships or stations difficult as you get teleported into walls and die, or collide with the near-by grid. Please fix asap.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file