This object is in archive! 

[1.196.018] Wheels getting stuck

Slushtrap Gamer shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

A strange bug occurs where a wheel simply stops turning as if it was braked, it is possible to move it in this state but very difficult and its incredibly annoying when a rover's wheels locks up like this, effectively prohibiting movement.

Not sure of the cause, a possible one could be that lag somehow induces this, but it has been noted that both lag and having the handbrake on for a long time can be a possible explaination. Either way, this bug might have been present during earlier version, but its becoming more common since the last update.

Replies (8)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us. Could you please provide us a blueprint of your vehicle or save of your world where you are experiencing this issue? Do you use any mods?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Sure thing. This all happens in vanilla gameplay, i.e no mods, however as the bug happens randomly i cannot provide a blueprint that will guarantee the outcome. I have however attached the blueprint of one of the affected vehicles, that has atleast once shown symptoms of this bug.

Files: bp.txt
photo

Hello!

Thank you for your reply however there is only text file attached. Please zip the particular blueprint file and attach it here (it containst .sbc, .sbcB5 files and thumbnail). Thank you!

Kind Regards

photo

Alright, zipped it this time.

photo

A new possible explaination has also come up; after disabling the airshock on all wheels the bug seems to not occur, or atleast with a lower freqeuncy. However as the bug is completely random there is no guarantees that this is the actual problem.

photo

Another possible explaination could be damage, since when the body around the wheel or the wheel gets damaged it starts showing symptoms of this bug.

photo

Hello Slushtrap Gamer,

we´re sorry to inform you, that we´re unable to reproduce this issue so far even with your provided blueprint. Can you maybe send us a video of this issue, please?

Kind Regards

photo

Will try to

photo

Have been unable to reproduce the issue here either, perhaps the newest update fixed it.

photo

Hello, Slushtrap Gamer,

happy to hear that! Keep trying and drop a comment, when it would happen again. If not, we will most likely close this issue after New Year.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!