This object is in archive! 

Gui loads slowly at the first opening

Santibag shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

When the world is loaded, the HUD icons are loaded slowly. And even the GUI menus are opened the first time (inventory, control panel, etc.), they load slowly(like icons not being there on opening). I guess EVERYTHING related to the save should've been loaded after the world loading completes and physics and everything should start after that. But, as if GUI is something that is rarely used, it loads after it opens the first time.

These small problems really make me question Keens design choices. 🙄

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us. Could you please provide us a video of the described issue? Do you use any mods? What PC specs do you have?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I made a video.

You can see my system info and mods in the game log I attached.

Timestamps are already in the video description but for your ease, the one related to this problem is 10:29. The link should go there automatically.

https://youtu.be/lttOKqN4OsA?t=629

photo

Hello!

Thank you for your video and log. Do you observe this issue also in a vanilla world (no mods)?

Unless it can be reproduced on a clean, un-modded server, it is usually caused by a certain mod or by

combination of mods which we have no control over.

Can you please confirm this issue also occurs without mods?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

I checked without mods. Icons load immediately but GUI menus still wait for a little duration before the first opening. They don't open immediately, as they do after the first opening.

The game menu also doesn't open immediately on the first time.

photo

Hello, Sanibag!

Is this still a problem that persists for you or, has this since been resolved in the recent updates? I appreciate the thread is quite old and we have had a number of updates since then. I will close this if it is no longer an issue for you :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!