Ship falling uncontrollably to planet after being parked for some time.

Adenzel shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

My ship was parked in very low G space for about 20 minutes 0.06G and as soon as I jumped in to fly it away it started uncontrollably falling towards the planet. It was unloaded and initially I thought maybe my character had too much gear on them so I jumped out. The ship continued to fall rapidly despite the dampers obviously trying to overcome this sudden pull from the planet.

The g meter was still reading at the normal 0.06 g in that area and I had previously been doing mining runs with the ship without any issues, and when this event happened the ship was empty, and had been hovering in the same spot for about 20 min without issue. The ship had plenty of fuel and engines were operational.

Edit: This was in multiplayer. Non dedicated server (I was not the host.)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

Could you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you reported? To report a bug into our system it is necessary to have reliable steps to reproduce in order for programmers to fix it.

Savegame of a world where it happens or any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Here's a link to the savegame. Hopefully it's complete.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=116DqNPrw1NwQx00voveM_gZ2qlP85guk

photo

Have the same problem. Sadly, can´t get it to reproduce reliably, but the following steps led to this bug a few times:

1. Park the ship (small grid) at roughly 0.07G. I build a station with enough power roughly at this height. The ship consists of a few small ion thruster, a battery, a connector and a cockpit.

2. Dock the ship using the connector

3. Set the battery to "recharge"

4. Wait for 20-30 minutes to pass. Sometimes, the bug occured even befor

5. Set the battery to "auto"

6. Undock the shipIn my case the ship will slowly fall back to the earth without any hope. The ship isn't controllable anymore and the server needs to be restarted in order to get the ship working again.

photo
photo

I'll see if I can get hold of the save game, and try to replicate the bug also. Probably won't be until sometime tomorrow though.

photo

Don't fear, Keen staff probably already left for weekend ;-)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file