SangurianSoul shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

Things Needed:

- Dedicated Server, Multi-Player

- At least two players

- Large Ship with Jump Drive

- At least two players on said ship during a jump

Expected Behavior:

After Jump, all players may exit their seats and go about their business.

Observed Behavior:

For players, (not the host) serious position desync can occur. to the point of seeing their ship several meters in a different direction that where it actually is. Because of this, they cannot stand in or on the ship, even if they should be able to from the hosts perspective. Or, in some extreme cases, the players cannot see the ship at all, it becomes invisible and the players bump into walls.

- Only re-logging into the server fixes these issues.

- Happens 60-75% of the time to each individual (non-host) player.

- Only 1 Jump in 10 where all players unaffected.

Replies (7)

photo

Hello,

I tried jumping with Red Ship both on Dedicated Server and on player hosted multiplayer lobby multiple times with 2 players, but without success of reproducing the issue.

Please can you attach a blueprint of the ship or a world where this issue is happening? It would help a lot with investigating the issue.

Thank You very much for your feedback and making the game better.

Have a nice day :-)

photo

Sure!

This is a DS server world i play with my dad and brothers every week. And nearly every time we jump, one of them, (Not me) has these desync issues.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2208980325

photo

Primarily my brother. But he has a good PC and internet connection. only lives 15km from me.

Another thing to note, and i havent been able to narrow this down, we jumped the one night 5+ times investigating asteroids. Not a problem. Then, near the end of the evening, three in a row, had huge desync issues where he had to log-out then back in to fix it.

photo

Was this any help? is there any updates?

photo

This is still happening.

I have a fresh download and install, with no mods. And this still is happening a month later

photo

Hello SangurianSoul!

I appreciate this thread is quite old. We have had a number of updates over this time and wonder if the issue has since been resolved? If so, I will close this thread for you :) Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!