This object is in archive! 

Physics issue when detaching missiles from a subgrid

Scott Mosley shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

I am consistently experiencing a dramatic decrease in sim speed when I "fire" missiles from my ship. The missiles are small grid objects connected to a small grid missile rack via merge blocks. The missile rack is connected to my large grid ship via rotor.

For some reason, whenever my missile salvo fires, my performance is crippled (sim speed drops from 1 to ~.4). I've narrowed it down to the moment when a missile detaches from the ship, and the drop is immediate. Unlike the typical lag spikes that briefly occur when grids are disconnected or divided, this reduction in sim speed remains until I cut the entire ship and replace it.

For reference, see the linked screenshot of my missile rack. What I know for sure is that it happens when both an upper AND lower missile has been detached from the rack; that is, if only an upper OR lower missile is fired, there is no problem. The problem occurs as soon as an opposite missile (upper vs. lower) is detached:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2197066149

For further reference, here is a link to my world, along with the ship in question:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2196748136

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

Thank You very much for your feedback. Does the issue happens without the mods present in the world?

And what should I do to make the issue happen? Sit in some main cockpit and fire the rocket?

Btw, very nice ship :-)

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a

different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!