This object is in archive! 

Small Grid LARGE battery not airtight (Aug 7, 2020)

Guest shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

I went to work on a small block build that I had previously used shutters on for doors. I wanted to try the new small grids doors. They worked fine.

Aspart of my testing I checked airtightness. I no longer had it. I verified it was lost with the orig build and shutters enabled. It was no longer airtight. It was fine a number of months ago when I last played.

I removed the doors and filled in with blocks. Still no pressurization. I have a sidewalls that were exposed battery instead of armor just for economy of build. I removed the battery and filled it in to test and all was airtight.

Small Grid LARGE Battery was the cause of the loss of airtightness.

Replies (7)

photo

Considering what the small grid large battery looks like, I would be surprised to find that it was airtight, there are lots of places for air to move though.

photo

Except.... Why was it airtight before a few updates ago as I noted before? Yes... I have a few thousand hours in so while I agree it does look sketchy. However, it should and did work a few months ago when I last logged in. Your comments do not help or add value to this thread. I spent a good deal of time working on the design which DID include airtightness. Once again, while it may looks sketchy to you, it was ALL intentional due to size and economy of the original build.

It is not a huge deal anyway as I changed the design but wanted to bring it to the attention of the devs to see if the airtightness dynamics of any of those related blocks has changed. Thanks for participating.

photo

Maybe it was just one of those things that have been broken/unintended for so long, that we just started assuming it was a feature, not a bug. I can think of a couple of other "bugs" that we eventually just figured must have been intended, because they have never been fixed, all though they've been reported for years and years.

photo

Possibly, but probably not. Last I understood the Battery, Window, and Conveyor (we are not talking tube) were supposed to be airtight. And... Like I said, it worked before and was intentional with the belief that it was SUPPOSED to work. These are blocks that are supposed to be airtight unlike a gravity generator. What I would prefer is a Dev response because us talking about "maybe" and broken/unintended is not factual. It is just supposition so is lending no value to the report.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Could you please provide us blueprint of that ship or world save here? It would really help us to solve the issue.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

What is the best method to do so. I prefer to keep it private.... Also, it is now an outdated BP as I found a cleaner way to implement it. However, I do still have that BP and would gladly submit it to you.

photo

Hello, All!

I see this thread is quite old. Is this still a problem that persists for you? If it is, could you please supply a copy of an affected blueprint? If not, I will close the thread for you :)

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

You can close this out. Not sure if it is still an issue. Either way, I no longer have the blue print and also went with a different design so unable to replicate. Thanks for the follow-up.

photo

Hello, John!

Thank you very much for updating us. If you do run into this issue again, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!