This object is in archive! 

Pistons on a ship makes it spin

Daniel Adam shared this bug 3 years ago
Not a Bug

Happening since some weeks, gotten ultra nightmare since the last update (the optimization update):

Each ship that i build pistons on starts spinning like hell and can´t be recovered. This only happens with pistons on the longitudinal axis or transverse axis, it does NOT happen when pistons are facing downwards.

Enabling the "share inertia tensor" checkbox makes the spinning even faster.

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening or what can be done. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies (4)

photo

a screenshot of your ship or a workshop link would help. but since the hitbox a few days ago it should behave better. when embedding pistons within blocks.

photo

Pistons are not embedded in any way. Screenshot coming up ....

photo

Allright the original ship doesn´t exist any more, as well any screenshots of it.

So i put one here from a player on my server that has the exact same issue with his creation: 20200807150121_1

As can be seen, there are pistons to the front that, as long as they exist, make the ship move uncontrollably, spinning and turning on its own. It can´t be recovered from that motion unless you delete the grid from the server and paste it again.

We realized this wacky movement starts getting really bad after you unlock any landing gear from any surface or any connector.

photo

We discovered it´s not the pistons but the sci-fi sliding door that causes this.

This bug report is obsolete for i can´t change the title. I will open another one.

photo

Hello, Daniel!

We are aware of the Sci-fi sliding door issue and we will address it as soon as possible. I'm closing this thread.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!