Offline save missing after going online the next day

Blackjack shared this bug 3 years ago
Outdated

Hello, I started a game in offline singleplayer, a prompt came up that there was a new version ready but I ignored it. The next day I went online, saw no update for space engineers and then when I went in there was no save. Funny enough the old deleted save I made when I went online not that long ago is back. I went to the AppData folder and that old save doesn't exist, only the offline one that I want.

Replies (6)

photo

Found out that saves created during offline mode will not show up when online as I just found my missing save when I turned steam offline. Not sure if this is intended.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Not enough people are reporting this for keen to give a sh*t. Even though I bet there is a massive amount of people who write this game off now because of the online only thing.

Keen doesn't care about anyone that isn't playing online because they think everyone who plays plays online.

I NEVER play online. Never have, likely never will. LAN Only, if at all.

photo

I was without internet for three hours today due to a snafu with Virign cable and when I tried to play SP offline with one mod I could not see any saves. Was sad but stoical. I used to think it could never happen to me but it did! Would be nice if you could play online save offline and vice versa, for the offchance of an apocalypse or disastrous roadworks etc.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

I just had a look at this and I think the confusion might come down to offline and online being saved in two separate folders. If you're offline and create a save file, it'll create a new folder which will be something like '1234567891011' and your online saves with be in another numbered folder. If you haven't created an offline save, the folder won't be there so create one offline and the folder then shows. After this, drag your online saves into the offline and you should have no trouble playing them. As for the other way, your offline save could then be moved into your online folder :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Thanks Laura, that is worth knowing, will try next time it happens :)

photo

Hello, boolybooly!

No problem :) Hopefully that fixes the issue for you :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

That's not a fix, though. That's a workaround at best. A band-aid for SE using this stupid fall-back dummy Steam ID in the first place.

Definitely not outdated.

photo

rip, i tried this fix, not only did it not work, but i lost my save

photo
photo

Had this issue today, the workaround worked, but this really should be fixed. Atleast add a prompt warning about it. Needing to google about lost saves is not a good thing.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file