Server/Client de-sync since Sparks DLC

DigiToss shared this bug 3 years ago
Outdated

Since the recent DLC Patch, myself and others have been experiencing a number of "de-sync" issues on multiplayer servers. There seems to be some sort of fundamental issue with server and client when certain events happen in the game. These are usually when you get in and out of cockpits, disconnecting ships from connectors and other weird things with subgrids and landing gears.

I am no expert in programming etc but it is as if the server does not receive the trigger to do certain things and then after a set time it then finally gets the detail to the server but the server forces the location to the client of the servers last known position (which makes sense from an exploitable perspective). It is as if the server "tick" refresh rate is not syncing with the client tick refresh rate.

Some of examples of this are;

1 - Sometimes when undocking a ship from a station via connector, you travel some distance and when you get out of your ship or after a set time, you are back at the dock.

2 - Sometimes when you undock a ship from a station, the ship does not respond, does not move (the server still things its connected, but the client says it is not)

3 - Sometimes a player appears to be in a seat/bed to another player, but the player believes he is moving around (out of sync) (One time I had a player in a small grid ship with welders welding some blocks, and the other player could not see the player or small grid ship, but could see all the blocks being welded)

4 - Other odd issues. I have a door that is on hinges and pistons on a station. On its own it works fine. However when I put a landing gear lock in, to secure it and when i unlock it, this produces a de-sync aswell. Some of the pistons will start to move, but the door (and hinges) does not. Then once it reaches the open/close position and the landing gear is locked, it then immedaitly appears locked in the final position to the player.

However, when you jump into a cockpit when the door is opening, you then will find you are back in sync and can see the door open. The door does open, but the client does not see its animation, it is only untill the door is locked to the station, do you see the door in the correct position.

Some of the workarounds for fixing these issues;

1 - When you cant move ship from a connector, having another player take control of ship, sometimes works.

2 - Turning ship off and on again with 'Y' key

3 - Reconnecting to the server sometimes works.

3 - But sometimes this doesnt work. Using Torch, there is an entities refresh command, and this sometimes works.

I feel like all these issues are releated to the same fundamental issue of server and client going out of sync. Hopefully you can take a look at these issues. I am not sure how to reproduce, as it really just appears to happen randomly. I will post a video of the door de-sync thing shortly.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file