This object is in archive! 

SE Crashes Steam

Gabe Pennington shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello friends from KSH, everytime I open up my Space Engineers, it causes my steam not necessarily to crash, but it freezes, and I lose connectivity to friends servers. I cant invite any friends to games or open my friend list, but i can receive invites in game, just not in the shift tab menu from steam. I dont really know what the issue is, but in order to fix it i have to close the steam bootstrapper in the task manager. Its problematic if I have to restart SE or download a script on the fly. My hardware is a core I7 6700k, a GTX 1070, and 32gb of RAM. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Replies (3)

photo

Keen, I'm still having this issue to an extent, not sure if you still look at this thread, but i could be a little more specific. SE no longer crashes steam, but now the shift + tab overlay sort of crashes or malfunctions, meaning, I cannot view my friends list or invite anyone, but I can receive invites from other people, and steam works if I tab out.

photo

Hello Gabe!

I appreciate this post is quite old. I was wondering if the issue still persists for you or if this can be closed? Please let me know if you're still experiencing any issues :) We have had a number of updates since this post.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic, we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a

different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!