Request to add an option to toggle mouselook (ALT key)

Baboo85 shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

It will be very appreciated so one can decide which option use. Like che Toggle walk (CAPS LOCK default) already in game.

It can be an option under Controls options, disabled by default so if one don't want it, he just do nothing, instead of inserting a new key. So noone would panic.

P.S.: no, disabling the Gyroscopes isn't the same. I want fixed mouselook and do small adjustment to the ship with arrow keys + Q + E only when needed. Then by just pressing ALT once, the mouselook goes off and mouse control again the ship.

Always holding the ALT key is a pain in the.....wrist.

Replies (1)

photo

I 100% agree with this. Absolutely abhor the way you have to constantly mash the ALT key (which is not a good key to be mashing with many other keypresses at the same time!)... then the view gets stuck because you let up on your aching thumb.

Many other games with 3rd person views of vehicle allow either a toggle to look around (orbiting), or its just how it works normally without a toggle (which isn't as flexible as a toggle key).

I would much rather see a toggle option for the behavior of the alt key. It can be in game options as "3rd person free-look: Hold (default), or Toggle". Then let the user decide which they like better (I would be turning it to "Toggle"!).

Also as a side addition: When you are in "Toggle" behavior mode, when you tap the ALT key to turn off free-look, it snaps the view BACK FORWARD (without having to do the hackish double-tap of cockpit/3rd person view to recenter).

photo

I'd definitely have the side addition as an optional setting as well. There are some situations where I want to use the mouse to turn while still keeping a different angle for various reasons, the most common of which would be docking a ship or righting a rover. Having free-look automatically reset PoV when turned off would be mildly convenient in most cases, but incredibly frustrating in these kinds of scenarios.

photo

Good point.

I'm always for "Options", the more the merrier to allow an even greater spread of players to enjoy a game!

Now I wonder what sort of mod, or mouse/keyboard config/hack I can do to tide me over until Keen add such useful QOL options (which will be never, but we can hope, right?).

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file