Laser Antenna won't connect

Salamandra shared this bug 3 years ago
Outdated

I have a home base with a big montain beside, so i built a laser relay on top of that montain, about 5.5 km, i can't make a link, in fact, i can connect the base to a small ship's laser, but when i reach about 3 km, the link breaks.

Replies (4)

photo

I am not from Keen.

Make sure the laser antenna has enough power and the selected range is good enough.

photo

The range is set about 10 km. How much power do you recomend? Because i don't get any warning

photo

Last time I ran the numbers was 2019-11-24. 10kw per km. So for 10km that would be 100kw.

That isn't a lot of power, but I don't know your setup. If running solar panels check that the solar panels aren't maxxing out. It could be all your power is going to charging batteries as well.

photo

Hi, i make sure to have plenty of power, like 5Mw in the same set up as the screenshot, no result, in fact, i have a small truck, wich i use do some remote control transport, and if i try to use a laser antenna, i achieve the connection but i'm not able to access the truck, if i make a wireless link i have no problem.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I was testing a couple things, but a only achieve at 1k stable link, and then i lose contact. No matter how much power i have

photo

I just wanted to confirm that my friends an I are experiencing the same issue.

Powered laser antennas appear to be unable to connect to each other on DS. We have made sure that the coordinates are correct, range is sufficient, power is available, LOS is unobstructed and tested both movable and stationary grids.

In our case, antennas appeared to be unable to establish a successful connection between space and Tritons surface (approx. 41km). We have both tested connecting via. coordinates and via "known receivers". The latter would yield a reaction from the other side but still won't successfully connect.

We have to mention that we were previously able to establish connections but aren't anymore. Few changes of notable importance were made between successful connection and now. A raise in PCU-Limits being the only notable one.

A possible work-around would be to allow servers to enable "hard-wired" connections between antennas that disable LOS collision checks and connect the antennas logically. There would still be the increased power consumption to somewhat balance them. But at the moment, long range connections are entirely impossible due to this which is a game breaker for inter-planetary gameplay.

PS: There seem to be multiple bug-reports with different vote counts on this issue and I would request that the upvotes on them are merged.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file