Performance issues with asteroids

Kyle Burns shared this bug 3 years ago
Outdated

Hi,

I recently rented a dedicated server with Pingperfect, to play SE with a few friends. Recently the dedicated server has been constantly using 5GB of memory when loading our save, The memory usage increases until the server is restarted.

Doing some investigation I've found that the asteroids are the cause of a major amount of the performance issues, when I remove all asteroids (apart from Asteroid_4_-3_1_24_1311591069 as it has someone base in it) it reduces down memory usage to 2.3GB.

A secondary issue I've found while investigating this is that removing asteroids via the admin > entity list the memory doesn't reduce unless the server is restarted.

I've supplier a GoogleDrive link to the save as there is a 2M limit. I have also attached a few screenshots from JetBrain's DotMemory Tool showing the memory usage: (Please note all investigation was done on my local PC so memory values are different but still illustrate the issue)

Before removal of asteroids:

/cf004ed513be6b9b1feaa7b2cb8f30a8

After removal of asteroids:/efc9cfb15cf561abccf3fd3813225bbb

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thanks for the reply, hopefully this is something quick and simple to fix ;)

Kind regards,

Kyle (Fan of performance tuning and this game ;) )

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file