This object is in archive! 

Loss of Sound in Game & Game Crashes

John Strange shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

I've started to experience some sound issues when playing. Recently I've found that after a period of time the Music will jump like a broken record or just stop playing altogether. If you continue to play you will eventually lose all sound in the game. This seams start at random, but will effect every game. I can get my sound back by exiting to main menu and rejoining the game but if I continue to play with out exiting to the main menu the game crashes and I send the crash logs by the in game system.

I have attached my game log from a game were I lost sound.

Thanks

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us and providing a log. It seems that this could be a problem with your sound card and/or your driver. At first, please try to launch Space Engineers on a different PC with your Steam account if possible.

If not, we would recommend a clean installation of Windows 10 and all drivers, VC Redist C++ 2017 etc.

In case this solution doesn't help either, the problem is probably connected with the hardware.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi Katerina,

Thank's for getting back to me.... Sorry a clean install of Windows 10 is a big ask. If the problem was hardware related why am I only getting issue now with over 700 hours of game play? The game for me has only started acting up in the last 30 hours of game play. The game seems to run fine as long as I don't run it in experimental mode which is a pain not being able to run scrips.

Any other recommendation other than a clean install of Windows 10 would be greatly appreciated.

thank's again and sorry to be a pain.

John

photo

Hello, John!

Thank you for additional info. I understand, you can also try all these steps:

• Try your Steam account on a different PC if possible
  • Verify game files in Steam
  • Back up and delete your .cfg or the whole Roaming file (You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers)
  • Reinstall the game

Please let me know if it helps you.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Engineer(s),

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a

different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!