Game freezes every couple minutes.

Patrick Grandey shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

I have tried rolling back the graphics driver. Reducing my quality settings to high. Locking my frames to 60 fps. I removed every mod in my game. This seems to have started happening after the 1.194 update. See attached log for details.

Replies (5)

photo

This happens on the Xbox Release Day 1.194.1 release as well. Related post about PCU limit warning with new world in Xbox Beta Support forum at this moment. I'll be watching both of these threads for solutions.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi,

I can see you have a Ryzen processor from the logfile attached.

As an unnofficial workaround, some people have reported success with replacing a dll in the space engineers folder with one from the mod SDK, as detailed here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/2259060348500655858/

"Go to your library on steam and find the tools tab. Find space engineers - mod sdk and install it. It's a free dev tool that Keen released to everyone. Open its folder and then open Bin64_Profile. Copy VRage.Library.dll. Now open your space enineers folder and paste this .dll in its Bin64 folder. Click yes to replace the existing one.

The only issue seems to be periodic stutter, but I haven't noticed it on my R9 3900X and GTX 1080ti.

Edit: Do be aware that you'll need to replace this .dll file every time the game is updated (or at least each major update)."

photo

Yeah I tried that solution yesterday. It didn't seem to help.

photo

Any update on when all these lag and freeze bugs are going to be fixed? The game is essentially unplayable at this point?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file