advanced rotor was passing stone but then stopped

Travis Cameron shared this bug 3 years ago
Outdated

I have two different cases where I have an advanced rotor not passing stone. The first case is a mobile construction vehicle where I have an arm with a drill on it passing stone through a conveyor system, through an advanced rotor, into storage, then into a refinery. This was working totally fine for maybe 3-4 game hours and then stopped. I didn't damage anything that I could see. I tried welding the advanced rotor but it showed 100% functionality.

I also built a static mining platform which uses advanced rotors to spin a bank of 5 drills. This never passed stone.

I also cannot manually move stone pasted the advanced rotor. On my static drilling rig I can go in and move stone from one drill to another because that does not require the advanced rotor, but no stone can be manually moved beyond the advanced rotor.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Having a similar issue.

Have over 1500 hours of Space Engineers experience, a veteran of the game.

Highly experienced with setting up drill rigs properly and do it frequently with desired results (This engineer knows what he is doing).

All conveyors, advanced rotors, pistons, piston parts, advanced rotor head parts, junctions are all built to 100%, green across the board. Plenty of power, connected to ports properly etc etc etc.

And yet stone will not cross the barrier from the drill to the refinery, trying to transfer stone from drills to the refinery via the inventory menu causes the refinery to grey out but stone will transfer from drill to drill.

Even a save reload will not fix the issue, after extensive troubleshooting and triple checking all connections, I report this issue as a bug on PC edition of SE.

photo

I am having the same issue on a large grid. I have a cross pattern with an advanced rotor on each end, with drills on the other sides of the rotors. All of the conveyors in between are green, but one of the branches (one of the four rotors) isn't passing ore through. The rest work fine. I can find no logic as to why it wouldn't work. The rotor is 100%, as are all the conveyor pieces in between.

EDIT: Correction: I found it. The advanced rotor head had taken damage. The rotor itself was fine, but the head was non-functional until repaired.

I've been thinking over the last 200 hours that there *really* needs to be a way to find broken items visually on very large grids, instead of having to manually hover over all pieces with the blow torch to find broken blocks.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file