This object is in archive! 

120 fps, 144 hz monitor, and game isnt smooth?!

Rebo shared this bug 4 years ago
Won't Fix

I have 120 fps, 144hz monitor, on all graphics settings the result is the same when I move the mouse it feels like 35,40 fps. I have good computer

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

What are your PC specs? Is this constant issue? If it is please provide us log file here for more information.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

CPU: AMD 5 3600

AIO: NZXT Kraken M22

GPU: RTX 2060 Super

RAM: 16GB 3200 MHZ

MOTHERBOARD: Aorus B450 Pro

photo

I have the same bug and i literally check out all forums, sites etc and doesnt find asnwer

photo

Space Engineers is simulated at 60 fps. For an optimal smooth experience set your monitor refresh rate to a multiple of that. Most 144 Hz monitors come with a factory 120 Hz mode. Use that one. If you want a quick way to switch refresh rates until the "revert to desktop resolution" but is fixed, try "12noon Display Changer". I have a couple of shortcuts on my start menu now, not only for locked 60 fps games like SE, but also for PAL video 50 Hz to get a great viewing experience for all content:

/8819b47f521a2c6c6172b0f0cf8f6f2f

photo

Hello, Rebo!

I appreciate this thread is quite old. Is this still an issue that persists for you? If so, could you please supply a log from when this happens? If it has since been resolved, I will close this thread for you :)

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

How can you not reproduce this issue it happens to every second person that doesn't play on a 60 Hz Monitor!

photo

i recorded a short piece of gameplay at 120 fps framerate, and exactly every other frame was a duplicate...

AMD 5800X + RTX3080

photo

As I mentioned earlier, the game simulates at 60 Hz aside from maybe some particles from what I've heard. This could be an engine design choice and require substantial engineering effort of several weeks to change to a system where the game object positions update at a faster pace than the underlying physics.

I think this should be confirmed by a Keen engine developer to channel our expectations a bit. Some would still want this addressed, because with high refresh monitors and FreeSync/GSYNC becoming more common it just isn't a smooth experience. Others would change their mind and prefer Keen spend their time on other aspects of the game; those would keep playing at 60 Hz (or 120 Hz with frame doubling).

Personally, I would opt for the game to automatically switch to 60 Hz with an option to pick 120 Hz with frame doubling for high refresh displays as I don't expect the required engine changes to be trivial.

Replies have been locked on this page!