XB1 Bug Inertia Dampener Crash

Chris Waller shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

So I've been playing XB1 Beta for almost a week now and this bug that I've found is particularly noteworthy.

While using a keyboard and mouse you can use CTRL + Z to initiate your ships inertia dampeners to meet the speed of a targeted ship. This has mainly been working just fine (BESIDES THE FACT THAT CONTROLLER USERS CAN'T INITIATE THIS COMMAND) *ahem*

Anyways, so I'm using the keyboard (pc master race) and I've been able to use the "matching dampeners" on my own ships/objects, however when I attempted to use it on a space pirate owned ship it crashes the game to xbox home. Two times in a row. The space pirate ship in question was the mining carriage, the first time I attempted was as soon as I was in range to do so. The second time I attempted I waited a few seconds after reaching 1 km distance.

This is a game feature that can't be ignored so I'm not only asking the bug to be fixed but the xbox controller controls to be updated to include matching speed dampeners as well.

Thank you for your time. More bug reports to come.

Also occurs for neutral targets. (Specifically a Private Sail in this case)

Given the circumstances, my only conjecture is that the pilot/ship being controlled does not have sufficient permissions to acquire the target entities vector data.

This is my final test on the subject. Reboots take too long.

Good luck Keen.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file