Invert of steering when changing vehicle mass

Local Yokel shared this bug 4 years ago
Reported

Altering the mass of a vehicle will change the steering of some Wheel Suspensions.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7thHNOfCDXU

Replies (5)

photo

Update: This problem is connected with the center of mass of the vehicle. After filling the containers, the center of mass moves behind the center axis and this causes the inverted steering.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I can also attest to this. I have a vehicle where both front and back wheels turn to rotate the vehicle. When the containers fill up the center of gravity moves behind the rear wheels, and the steering behavior changes so that all wheels move in the same direction, causing the vehicle to strafe, not turn.

It would be much better if we could dictate the steering direction instead of the game deciding for us.

photo

This Bug is still present.

photo

Hello, All!

Thank you to Local Yokel for bringing this to our attention that it is still an issue. I have tried with a few different rovers but have been unable to reproduce the issue with the containers in different areas. Could you please supply a rover that this is happening for you on?

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind Regards

Laura QA Department

photo

I tested it with the rover blueprint attached to this post. It seems like the problem is dependent of the Center of mass. The middle wheel axis is inverted, when the Center of mass moves behind this axis.

Settings:

- Realistic Inventory Size

- Filled Engine, Medium Cargo Container and Connector with ice

photo

Hello, Local Yokel!

Thank you for the blueprint. Just to double-check, you have the center wheels set to invert. Is this happening when they are set to invert or when that is unchecked? So far, I have only got the center wheels to invert by filling the medium cargo container once the invert is switched off. Could you post some reliable steps for me to reproduce the exact issue you're having. I see quite a few steps were in the original video and wondered if you need to exit out the vehicle each time. Is this also happening with the amount of ice you put in the blueprint? I assume it is but can't seem to trigger this unless the container is 100% full. Any further help would be excellent :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Spawn the Blueprint

2. Get inside the vehicle.

3. Turn on the engine with button 9.

4. Turn left and right (while standing) and observe the middle wheel axis. It is turning in the same direction as the front wheels.

5. Get out of the vehicle.

6. Fill the O2/H2 Generator, Medium Cargo Container and the Connector with Ice.

7. Get inside the vehicle.

8. Turn left and right again. Now the middle axis is inverted and is steering in the opposite direction as the front wheels.

If you now get out of the vehicle and empty it, everything is normal like in the beginning.

photo

Hello, Local Yokel!

Thank you so much, those steps were excellent :) I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally. I really appreciate your help!

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file