Large ship grids embedded in asteroids sometimes come unattached

Adam M shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

I haven't tried to recreate it, but on several occasions when I've had several large ships all connected together (including a particularly large ship) an armour block pillar embedded in an asteroid will sometimes come loose (the embedded ship didn't have any thrusters directly attached to it both times I experienced this). This wasn't a station, but a ship attached to an asteroid by merge block.

In an attempt to fix this, I dug 15 blocks into the asteroid and made a 5 block + at the end (all blocks touching the asteroid). It seemed to work for a bit, but then the whole thing wiggled around like it was anchored by the +, and the whole thing migrated through the solid asteroid like it was thick mud.

When I built a thruster on the main grid that was attached to the asteroid, the sourceless wiggling that caused it to initially come loose seemed to cease. With a single thruster pointing in a random direction. None of the attached ships with dampeners were able to stop the wiggling.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file