[1.199.025] Wheels detach in multiplayer

Slushtrap Gamer shared this bug 2 years ago
Need More Information

Wheels tend to randomly detach while playing in multiplayer. It's as if they became static, however nothing proves so. Additionally, this is a client side error as to the server nothing changes and so the vehicle appears floating. Interestingly, this does not happen for all clients as to some the wheels did detach and become stuck, while to others they are where they are supposed to be. Additionally, for some reason other small subgrids such as rotor heads also became stuck in a similar fashion, unlike an earlier incident where only the wheels did.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Slushtrap!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Is this happening strictly on a server and not in a lobby? If it's only on a server, is it happening on ones that you are hosting only or, on official Keen servers too? Are there any mods on the servers? Also, are you using any modded blocks? It doesn't look like it from the screenshots but just want to be sure.

Unfortunately, screenshots aren't really enough information for us to go on. I would need a copy of a world ideally or reliable steps, anything that I can reliably reproduce. I will need to reproduce the issue to report it internally, I hope you can appreciate this. I have tried to find similar threads but I have only found one which was in an offline scenario upon loading.

If you could please help with supplying a world/reliable steps and possibly even a video, it would be much appreciated or it will be quite hard to reproduce the issue.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Its only on servers where i'm not host, seeing as its a client side issue and not serverside. The server is not modded and so none of the creations possess any such blocks either. At this time i cannot provide a reliable method due to this happening entirely randomly, be it with small or large rovers, however i will upload two creations that had experienced this issue before.

photo

Basically what happens to someone who experiences this is that; to them, it seems as if the wheels on their creation no longer update position or rotation or anything of the sort, and instead get completely stuck at one point in space as if they were static. However because this is not serverside, the creation's body will keep "floating" as the wheels are actually there, only to the client they are elsewhere if the creation was moved.

photo

Hello, Slushtrap Gamer!

Thank you for the further information. Would this ever happen in a fresh world with one of these blueprints or, would it only happen in a very busy world with lots of creations/blocks etc? I wonder if this would make any difference at all? I ask because if it is happening in a very busy world, I wonder if this has had an effect at all?

Please let me know :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Not sure how big of an effect the servers load plays in on this, surely it would occur more frequently with a higher load given the chance that this something does go wrong, but at the same time it has also occured during a time with practically no load whatsoever.

photo

Hello, Slushtrap Gamer!

I appreciate the feedback on that. So far I have not been able to reproduce the issue sadly. We need to be able to reproduce the issue reliably to report it internally. Are there any reliable reproduction steps that you could provide in helping me with this?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

The bug is, as usual, random so there is no certain way. One idea you could try is to quickly and repeatedly respawn a rover, this would increase the likelyhood of it happening as it tends to happen more often when the vehicle was just spawned.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

It´s already quite long time from when this issue was originally posted as well as from the last comment.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Experienced it today, heres a picture showing a small grid with the wheels broken.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file