This object is in archive! 

[1.199.025] -- Large to Small -- Rotors and Hinges does not detach vehicles

Deek shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

Hello,

I've searched the forums and can not find this exact issue reported.

1 - The same issue occurs when using Rotors or Hinges to connect a vehicle to my station.

2 - Reloading the save game allows the disconnect of the stuck rotor or hinge, but reconnecting again gets the vehicle stuck again too.

3 - Does not seem to affect free floating objects with very little mass ( like if you drop a ship in low gravity, or just a block ), thus suggests it's a mass / angle / friction issue.

4 - I can confirm I'm using large grid to small grid attachments. I have not tested with like sized grids ( I'm new to the game )

Theory, When a device attaches, it puts "Stress" on the joint ... When releasing the inventory connection is broken, but I'm suspecting the forces of friction on the joins are preventing any vehicle from detaching or just a bug?

For example, I would expect if there is a 5 degree of allowance to "Connect" a joint (works)... then 5 degrees should be allowed to also disconnect the joint without collision / getting stuck.

I've attached a save game where I have a 8 wheeled truck attaching to a horizontal hinge that every time I attach, I can not disconnect and drive away ….

To reproduce have any 4 wheel vehicle attach to a horizontal rotor or piston, i suspect the suspension is enough to cause this issue every time.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Deek,

thanks for letting us know about this issue and for sharing the save!

The issue was successfully reproduced and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file