[1.198.033][Ingame programming] WriteText append argument bug

Coren Sarithule shared this bug 2 years ago
Reported

If the surface of the programing block is assigned with

var thisSurface = Me.GetSurface[0];

Then the programmable block writes some text to the programming block's screen with

thisSurface.WriteText("Hay look at me", true);

The screen of the programming block will display "Hay look at me"

Then you go into the programming block's text through the "Edit Text" button in the terminal and erase the text that was just written to it manually and then run the program again

The screen of the programming block will display "Hay look at meHay look at me"

Even though you erased the text in the screen of the programming block, the Append true argument in the WriteText statement will not recognize that that text is no longer there and will add it back in along with the text appended at the end of it. This causes a continuously accumulating append even when the text field of the screen has been cleared manually.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Coren Sarithule,

thanks for letting us know about this issue and we are sorry that you are experiencing it.

Can you please share me blueprint or save file where I can observe this behavior? With the programmable block on the grid and with the script already in it, please?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Here is the save zip

photo

Hello, Coren Sarithule,

thanks a lot for providing the save file. Like this, the issue was successfully reproduced and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file