This object is in archive! 

[1.198.027] Thrusters working without hydrogen by toggling

Slushtrap Gamer shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

A bug with hydrogen thrusters has been discovered. If a hydrogen tank is present on the grid, and the tank is empty, you can gain thrust by quickly toggling the hydrogen thrusters on/off, despite the tank being completely dry.

If the toggling is done quickly enough, say with a script or timer, one can use the thrusters at almost full power.

Steps to recreate:

1. Place a thruster, tank + power

2. Empty the tank so theres no hydrogen left

3. Set thruster to max override

4. Toggle the thruster on/off

5. Notice how its able to provide thrust

As a side note, this method works both if thruster override is used or if controlled from a cockpit. It works with both grid sizes aswell.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Slushtrap Gamer,

thanks for sharing this issue with us. However, when I did try it, it was not working for me at all on base structure, there was little tiny bit of flame particle that I could observe on the ship structures, but I would not call it a bug as such, It´s rather just graphics than it actually add some thrust that gives player possibility to fly, really.

Maybe I did something wrong, though. Is it possible you share me a video and/or save/BP of the ship broken like this? Do you think some "additional trust" like really be able to fly, or you thing it´s just that what I described here?

Thanks for additional info and for providing requested files.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Heres footage: https://youtu.be/raajO6l7j7M

As you can see its not just a visual bug, as i'm clearly gaining speed whenever the thrusters are toggled.

photo

Hello, Slushtrap Gamer,

thanks for the video. According to it the issue was indeed successfully reproduced and thus put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Slushtrap Gamer!

Just to let you know this issue shall be fixed with the upcoming hotfix update.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Fixed in v198.031

Replies have been locked on this page!