This object is in archive! 

[1.197] Game Hang on Exit to Main menu

Einsty shared this bug 3 years ago
Solved

Exiting to main menu from singleplayer causes the game to be stuck at "Unloading world" for a very long time requiring a process kill. This seems to happen when the game has to save the world on exit. Saving the game manually and then exiting without saving happens without issue.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Einsty,

thanks for letting us know. However, this is too little info I guess. When I tried it, I was "stuck" on unloading screen for cca 8 sec. What I would not call any enormous amount of time. Tried couple of gameplay modes.

Can you maybe specify your issue more? Is it happening on any specific Scenario/Custom Game? Does it happen regularly? Or just once day/week/month?

Are you doing something special in game, when this happen? E.g. browsing through steam workshop and using some special feature/part of the game? Are you using mods, or running vanilla game? Are you on the latest version of the game? Did you try to verify integrity of games files through Steam?

Literally any more info would be beneficial :)

Thanks in advance for providing it.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

As for me, it happens quite often. I've tried waiting up to 10-15 minutes with no result. I have a guess that this may be caused by using artificial mass blocks, but I'm not sure.

photo

Hello, Mikhail,

thanks for providing info about artificial mass. Seems that it really might be the reason in this case. The issue was put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello!

We'd like to inform you that this issue will be fixed in the next update (version 198). Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!