This object is in archive! 

[1.197] Bad performance + high network load when multiple players are in sync range

Klime shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

Issue: Following the Wasteland update, dedicated servers have been seeing bad performance + high network load. This is especially true when multiple players are grouped up within sync range, and near grids. The same worlds, using a pre-Wasteland patch, do not have this issue

STR:

- Load a new Star System world on a Dedicated Server

- Place some complex grids. These are grids with production, thrusters, subgrids etc

- Populate the server with 5-10 (or more) people

The issue seems related to Replication for clients

Replies (5)

photo

i have noticed this issue with MyGasTanks

photo

Yep, noticed the same increase then players are grouped together.

photo

Hello!

Thank you for your report. We tried to replicate this issue with 7 clients but unfortunately without success. Can you please test it on version 198 that will be released tomorrow? Also, can you please provide us with more information?

1. Do you use Steam network or EOS network?
  2. Could you please attach here (or on Google drive) a save of your server?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

I appreciate this is an old thread. Is this still an issue or, something that has since been resolved?

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!